Favorites

Lenmeo's 5-star-favorites book montage

Ghostland
Thirteen Reasons Why
Mockingjay
Divergent
Before I Fall
Delirium
Room
Matched
Crescendo
Hush, Hush
The Dark and Hollow Places
The Sky Is Everywhere
Stolen: A letter to my captor
The Maze Runner
If I Stay
The Lightning Thief
My Sister's Keeper
The Love We Share Without Knowing
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
A Perfect Darkness


After the Book's Favorite Books »
}

Lenmeo's Best Loved Quotables

Can't Find What You Are Looking For? See If It Is Hiding In Here Somewhere (-:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Buzz About Keegan's Chronicles by Julia Crane



Have you seen the book trailer?





Want to know what they are saying about Coexist?

Here are a couple of reviews from Amazon:




5.0 out of 5 stars A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, July 5, 2011


This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Richard looked over at Rourk. "You better get used to this son. It takes two or three times longer to get anywhere with her when she has a camera in her hand." Looking amused, Rourk said, "I would wait forever for her."


Coexist...I have been sitting here for hours just wondering what on earth I am going to write for this review..well here goes nothing..

Keegan looks like a normal teenage girl, a very beautiful girl, but still normal..what her friends don't know though..is she's an elf..lets get this cleared up right now..she does NOT work for Santa and she is NOT a midget. Elves are different then everyone thinks, they look like normal people, yes it's true they never get very tall, they have slightly pointed ears, but besides that she is a normal looking teenager with powers..and secrets.

In Elfin society you are picked who you will marry the day you are born, but you can't meet them till your 18. This little rule is driving Keegan crazy, her brother Thaddeus has told her her future husbands name, Rourk. All she can do lately is think about him..and Rourk knows it..for everytime she thinks of him it calls him to her..maybe this rule is meant to be broken..with an elf war between light and dark coming soon..and Thaddeus Keegans brother having vision of her death..will Rourk and Keegan get to spend the life they want together? Or will something much darker tear them apart...

When I saw this book pop up on my update feed on goodreads, I bought it on my android phone right then, and wow am I ever so happy that I did. This book had me on the edge of my seat and chewing my nails with excitement and anxious-ness I just needed to know what was gonna happen next! With that I read it in one sitting, there was no way I wasn't gonna finish it that night. You could have came in my room and been like " HALEY ROBERT PATTINSON IS DOWN STAIRS, HE WANTS TO MARRY YOU!" and I would have told him it is gonna have to wait till I finish Coexist...ya this book was that good.

This book has a huge handful of characters I enjoyed, first there is Keegan, she is a normal teenager, super nice, likes boys, likes shopping and she just seemed so likable. I would deff wanna be friends with her if she went to my school..Rourke..is sooooo swoon worthy, I could not stop myself from drooling over him, he was just so protective and truly cared about Keegan..and ya I totally am crushing on him. Donald I also liked..there wasn't a ton of info about him..but I have a feeling in the next book he will be very involved (;..and then there was Thaddius..I couldn't help but find myself feeling sorry for him..he sees all these visions of his loved ones dying..and can't even tell them to worn them..it totally broke my heart. Out of all the characters though..Rourke deff has won my heart and is my favorite. (:

If you pick up this book, I'm sure it will not disappoint, it had everything, it was cute, yet dark..and well that combo just makes for a perfect book on my shelf, Julie has truly written an amazing read. (: Anyways this book is the best, and I CANNOT wait for the Conflicted, this story ends with such a twist and will leave you kicking and screaming for the next book!

----I think this is officially my longest review, sorry everyone it was just such a great book!(:
--Conflicted (book 2) Is going to be released in the fall!


 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, August 18, 2011


This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Keegan is a sixteen year old elf who lives among humans, goes to high school, loves shopping and going to Starbucks. All of Keegan's life, she has dreamt of the day when she would find out who her "chosen" one would be. This would be her life-long mate. This is pre-determined and nobody is supposed to know who their mate is going to be until they are eighteen. Keegan's young brother, Thaddeus, has the gift of sight and told her the name of whom her mate is going to be. The reasoning for this is because Thaddeus knows that Keegan will eventually need protection and who better to do that than Rourk, her chosen mate.

Unbeknownst to her, every time she thinks about him, she is calling to him. It is very difficult for Rourk to not go see her when she is calling him. Rourk does not know Keegan's name at first, but knows that she is his chosen one.

Keegan, her family and the rest of the light elves are going to prepare for this battle.

I Like:
*I LOVED this book!! I loved the suspense of Keegan not knowing who Rourk is, and calling him whenever she thought of his name.
*How the interaction between the Thaddeus and Keegan seem like normal siblings.
*How Thaddeus deals with his gift and balances that with being a teenage boy and a warrior for the light elves.
*I loved the romance in this book. How people are more than they seem.

I Did Not Like:
*The book ended so soon. I wanted to know more about Keegan, Rourk and the rest of the characters. This is definitely a series I want to keep an eye on!!


Still need more? Check out the rest of the reviews on Amazon!



Julia will be here on Friday, August 26th answering interview questions.


Leave a comment under her interview telling her why you want to read her books and maybe *hint-hint* she will give a couple of eBooks away to her favorites.  Be creative and have fun!  :)

1 comment:

tiaraBaby said...

I enjoyed reading this series! It was a lot of fun and fast paced which I prefer in a book. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com
Parajunkee Design